Wednesday, April 04, 2007

More of Avery Rae





UPDATE!!!! This is Rae! We are all home and all is well so far. Avery's white blood count came down (they don't know what the deal was) and she is fine. We also found out that Avery actually weighed 7 pounds 11.8 ounces so her birth certificate will read 7 lbs, 12 oz....just an FYI. For those of you who said C-sections are easy....you should lay off the crack. THEY SUCK!!! My recovery has been very good, but the procedure....I'll stop now.

Thanks for all the well-wishes and the comments! We love reading them.



Hi everyone!

First off, let me give a special thanks to Patsy Brown for taking those wonderful photos today and getting them posted for us. There is no internet access in the hospital (how crazy is that?), so I am doing the best I can to get some stuff posted. Avery weighed in at 7lbs, 11 ounces and 19" long. She had little chubby cheeks and the sweetest cry you have ever heard. As of this afternoon, her white cell blood count was a little high and rising, so she got an IV tonight "in her head :-( " and will be getting antibiotics every 8 hours. She had a fever of a little over 100.7 I think when she was born, so it is hopefully just a little infection that the antibiotics will knock out. Here are a few more photos I made today. She will have her own blog up and running soon with more photos from the hospital. Thanks to everyone for the love!!!!


Wes


Patsy and Avery








17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery is amazing! I am so excited that you guys are already posting so we can all see her!

Love,

Stephen, Carnley and Cat

Anonymous said...

She is the most perfect newborn I have ever seen. I love the dimple in her chin, too!! I am sitting here screeching and cheering like I am happy for you guys or something. Oh, I am so thrilled! THANK YOU for posting this, you had no idea how antsy we were around here! - Sherry

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Avery is very cute and I love the picture with Uncle Patsy!!! Take care!

Meg said...

Patsy was right - she is THE most beautiful baby girl ever!!

WOW. Wow. I cannot believe she is finally here!

Hope Mom, Dad, and baby are all well tonight.

We'll catch up and -of course- want to see this beauty when you all recover and are ready for the intrusion!

Lee and Suze said...

I could stare at that little face for hours - she's amazing!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Rae and Wes!! She is gorgeous!!

-Mindy Cassevah

The Schlosser's said...

She is so amazingly beautiful! I love the sleeping pictures, but she has beautiful eyes too! I just want to kiss her cheeks! You both have truly been blessed! Congratulations, Angie

Kara Marie Brown said...

THOSE eyes! Oh my goodness. SHe's going to be a little heartbreaker.

Meg said...

We are SO happy for your guys!!!! A huge hug from the Baisden family! Congratulations!

~ Charles

CharlesBaisden said...

We are SO happy for you guys!!!! A huge hug from the Baisden family! Congratulations!!!!

~ Charles

PS -- it sounds like they were wise to take that Internet access out of the hospital! They cut you off for a few hours didn't they!
:-)

Anonymous said...

We are rejoicing with all of you and so look forward to meeting Avery in person. God's continued blessings!
Aunt Rebecca and Uncle Jim

Kerry Lynn said...

I'm very sorry I can't agree with her being the most beautiful baby girl but that's only because I have my own 3 week old daughter who I think is the most beautiful, but Avery is a VERY close second :-)

I'm so sorry she had an IV in her head!! That sounds just awful :-( Hopefully she's better real soon.

Anonymous said...

She looks so precious. You guys are going to have a blast with her. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Congratulations ya'll, I'm so happy Avery is here and she is absolutely adorable!!!!

~Cass, Lizzie, and Jack

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! I know you two are so proud!
Love,
Brandon and Jennifer Hall

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making it home!!! Hospitals serve their purpoe but you never get as much rest as when you are home. Trus me I know, I work in one!!
Anyway, Avery is soooooo Adorable, I can't wait to meet her. My favorite photos have got to be the two that Patsy took that are of her on her side sleeping, one with her eyes shut and then the one with them open. The open eyes photo, just catches my heart everytime I look at it, even my husband picked it out as his fav.!!
Congrats again!
Jessica "Fisher" Greene

Anonymous said...

OMG! Billy and I checked it out. SHE IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy for you guys. All three of you have been in my thoughts since Wednesday. I hope my text at 5 in the morning wasn't too disturbing. Take care, and call me soon!

Love you guys!

Heather, Billy, and Haley