Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Round the Island

Wow what a day.....We rented a car and drove around the Island of Oahu today to experience just a little of what this place has to offer. We needed about 30 days! We saw some very scenic sights and had a great time taking it all in...... Many of these were made with our Digital Elf point and shoot camera, so forgive the quality if it doesn't look professional. More to come soon with photos from tonight's first event with the wedding party, the Mai Tai Reception. And they were gooooooooood!



Me and the peanut at one of our stops....It was hard to get this shot because a bus load of Japanese tourist stepped in front of Rae to make their own photos of Avery while they touched and loved on her too. My child's pictures have gone International.....



This is the famous Mr. Matsumoto Shaved Ice... A Hawaiian legend. When I lost 20 lbs a couple of months ago, this way my inspiration. Rae promised I could have two shaved ice when we got there!



She made good on her promise!



Next was a stop at the Dole Plantation for a little history of the Hawaiian pineapple...



We took this family shot on a little train ride through the pineapple fields....



Check out all the pineapple plants at the bottom of this photo...

6 comments:

Karla Doodlebug said...

Your first family vacation photos!! That just makes my heart smile! I am really so proud for you both and your hard work! I still can not wait to get my hands on Avery!

Anonymous said...

That's really funny about the tourists...I am glad you guys are having fun. Avery just looks adorable in her little hats. How are those pineapple??? Yummie...
The doggies have been guarding the house for you. They look in all of the rooms to make sure you haven't snuck back in without them knowing about it!
XOXOX from Sara, Baxter, and Dixie

Anonymous said...

Wes, Bring me one of those super duper snow cones back home! YUM! I am so jealous! Ya'll make Hawaii look GOOD! Love ya'll and can;t wait to see more pics!-Jenni and Natalie

Kerry Lynn said...

Rae!!! It's with a heavy heart I say that we can't be friends anymore. I can't believe you would dare wear a yankees hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your photos are wonderful, but my favorite is the one with all three of you. So glad Avery is enjoying Hawaii and getting her well deserved attention throughout the world!!!!! I told you she was special. It looks like all of you are enjoying this type of work. Have fun and get home safely. I miss all of you. Jan

Jamie and Jeremy said...

Rae, I can't believe you wore that shirt on the train ride. Don't you know how Wesley feels about it? Heehee...just kidding! :)