Friday, November 03, 2006

Why we went to NYC

Okay, so here's the deal......Every person needs someone in life to give them a reason to live, to inspire them, to make them want to be successful. Well, for Rae that person for the last couple of years has been a photographer named Jessica Claire. We both just idolize her work which you can also view by looking HERE! Jessica is originally from North Carolina, but is now living in L.A. creating magic at the hottest weddings in California. She and another great photographer named Liana Lahmen from Atlanta hosted a 3 day seminar in NYC for some 1 on 1 time with a few of their biggest fans. While the tution was a little out of our budget for us both to attend, Rae participated and learned some fantastic things while I played photographer around the streets of NYC.
Jessica also is dating another very successful photog in L.A. named [b] Becker. He is the inspiration to me that Jessica is to Rae and makes some fantastic wedding photos which you can see HERE! Make sure you view their blogs as well as their websites. As an added bonus, not only did Rae get to spend time with Jessica and Liana, but the Becker showed up too and Rae got to spend one afternoon with him shooting on the streets of NYC. What an amazing experience! Here is a little of what she did......

These are some of the photos Rae took of the wonderful models that were the subjects for the cameras:







This couple was a bride and groom of Becker's a couple of months ago with a fabulous wedding in Bermuda......you will probably spot them in his blog if you look.



Here is a very sexy, very pregnant Rae posing for a shot with "the becker"



Rae with Jessica Claire (right) and Liana (left)



A shot Rae made of Ms. Jessica doing her thing while demonstrating how to work a bride in front of the camera

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome experience this must have been for you guys. And Rae, you are such a cute pregnant gal. I love all the pictures.

Samantha Crooke said...

That's so awesome that you got to meet YOUR IDOL! Oh, if only I could meet Jenny Saville...(my ultimate painting idol) I can't wait until your baby comes so I can paint it! Wahahahaha!
Also, I visited KaBloom, my old place of employment, the other day and was talking about Bliss and you guys, and Deana told me to tell you hi! She got upset that I didn't tell you that I knew her (she said you worked w/ her mom at the sheriff's office), but I didn't know you knew HER! Incidentally, I'm painting this gigantic 30" x 40" lifesize painting of her and her youngest kid Caleb. I'll send you a pic when it's done!