Friday, August 17, 2007

8 levels of narcissism

I have been tagged twice for a game of Photographer Blog Tag, so I better get this going before I get tagged again. I was tagged by Michelle White of Michelle White Photography in Atlanta, GA and Teddi Maull of Picture the Day Photography in Denver, CO, both of whom I met at the Xtreme! seminar in NYC last fall. The goal is to share 8 fun and/or interesting facts about myself and then tag 8 other photographers to do the same.

8 facts

1 - Wesley and I met in high school band and were not always friends. One day, I actually told my mom that he was not nice, but I used another word. We ended up going to prom together just as friends! We didn’t start “dating” until I was in college.

2 - My ex-boyfriend was in our wedding. He was a groomsman. He and Wes were best friends in HS and he was my boyfriend in HS. That’s why Wes and I didn’t like each other. We had to share him. BTW – we got married on April 15, 2000 which was my parents’ 31st anniversary.

3 - My family and Wes’ family have known each other for years. My parents and Wes’ mom graduated high school together. My uncles played baseball for Wes’ grandfather’s team. It was fate for us to be together!

4 - I have a degree in Biology from Spring Hill College in Mobile, Alabama. I used my degree at a few jobs, but mostly in my Forensics jobs for the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and Santa Rosa Sheriff’s Office. My Forensics jobs include Evidence Intake, Photography/Latent Prints, Serology/DNA, and Crime Scene Investigations.

5 - One of my favorite movies is “Best in Show.” It’s a mock-umentary about a dog show and I laugh just thinking about it. Wes really likes it too. Most people we know don’t like it as much, but that’s ok…I won’t hold it against you.

6 - Speaking of movies – I can recite almost all the words to “Sixteen Candles.” I think my sister and I wore that tape out one summer. “Well, well, well…..if it isn’t Sammy Davis Baker Junior.”

7 - I have been a bridesmaid in eight weddings. I was the maid/matron of honor in 6 of them.

8 – I am left-handed. Wesley is right-handed. Avery is undecided.


Check out the 8 fabulous photographers I am tagging:

Patsy Brown of A Thousand Words Photography in Pensacola, FL

Meg & Charles Baisden of Meg Baisden Photography in Pensacola, FL

Hara & Jeremy Cook of Cook Images in Pensacola, FL

Krystal & Matt Radlinski of The K Gallery in Gainesville, FL

Eric Doggett of Eric Doggett Studios in Austin, TX

Rayna Mercer of Ray of Light Photography in Rapid City, SD

Crystal Goss of Crystal Goss Photography in Conway, AR

Kerry Goodwin of KLG Productions in Boston, MA

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Christmast wish list...... "16 Candles" DVD.... I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!! Long Duck Dong

Sara said...

You forgot a good fact...You didn't get your DL until you were 18 yo.

Heather said...

Heyyy.....I love Best In Show too! Hilarious movie!! Not many people remember it though! "Peanut, hazelnut, pistacio nut.." HA HA! You and Wes were definitely meant to be! You two are so cute!

Karla Doodlebug said...

Band geeks rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Margie, Sara, and I can safely say this and not get in trouble!!!

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

Correction...Mrs. Welch!! I was SEVENTEEN! And, what's the big hairy deal? I had and sister and friends and a boyfriend that drove me wherever I needed to go. Don't be jealous b/c my first auto was a mean red truck and yours was a cavalier that randomly honked its horn while driving. LOL!!!!

Karla Doodlebug said...

Oh Rae...I got to get a sister's back on that one....Sara don't let her make fun of your first car!! And Rae is right, she did not mind that we had cars and came to get her ...even if it was a big, loud, diesel engine truck!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, never lock her in a storage shed because she may get a little crazy. You would think by now she would have grown out of it.
Big sisters do things to their little sisters sometimes. I think it must be a girl thing, boys don't do things like that, do they.
Pops

Davina said...

I LOVE Best in Show...just watched again last week. He's a coon dog. Two left feet. That's the least like a bumble bee of all of them. My mom would say Harlan Pepper. Do you really need 7 kimonos? Oh. You're right, I need two more.

So glad that Michelle tagged you, now I get to know you, too!

Anonymous said...

I am a lefty too! And, I've visited Spring Hill college many times. I had a few close friends graduate from there. beautiful campus