Friday, October 19, 2007

Rain, Lightning, and tornadoes oh my!

Wow! What a day here in the FL Panhandle. I think that this has been the worst weather day in my 13 years of living in Pensacola except for hurricanes. We had a true to life tornado move through the area along with massive rainfall Thursday. As I type this now, it has been raining at our house for well over 24 hours. We have a wedding on Friday (OUTSIDE). so hopefully this will move on through soon. The following images are courtesy of the Pensacola News Journal......

This is the marina where my dad keeps the family sailboat "Avery Rae". Nice name huh? This boat was picked up out of the water and set on the pier. Many other boats and docks were damaged, but the Avery Rae was sitting pretty without a scratch!
Image Loading

This is the Pensacola Yacht Club and these are $100k boats tossed like toys. Ouch! I have a special place in my heart since I used to race sailboats like these competitively.
Image Loading

This is the tornado heading through town right after it hit the marinas.
Image Loading

The Target parking lot near the mall where several vehicles were overturned and tossed around. I was driving down the road only about a half mile away when this happened. Mrs. Schlosser (one of our favorite blogstalkers) will be glad to know I was out mailing her wedding album in all of this!
Image Loading

A little photo I made with the point and shoot out the front door as darkness approached. Let's hope Friday is a much better day!
Image Loading

4 comments:

Lee and Suze said...

Yesterday was such a crazy, crazy day!

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys are ok and also that we don't work at Cordova Square anymore!!

Julie T

The Schlosser's said...

So scary - glad that you are all okay. ~Angie

The Schlosser's said...

Oh my! I just read that you were mailing the package in this - lord! You'll be happy to know I received it today and I'm touched with the beauty! Thanks so much for being so wonderful! ~Angie