Tuesday, October 23, 2007

What's with the tornadoes?

We are having such weird weather!! Wes told you a few posts back about his near run-in with the Pensacola tornado on Thursday. Well, yesterday (Monday), there was a tornado warning in south Mobile County in Alabama. For those of you who don't know, Wes and I from Mobile. Wes has been in Pensacola since 1995 and I moved in 2000. Anyway, in 2000 my parents built a house on an acre in Irvington and several years later, my sister and her husband bought a house with 4 acres (and a pond) down the street from my parents. Well....enough about my family history. Their neighbor, Cindy, took photos of the tornado from her house. You see that house in the picture??? Well, that's my sister's house!!!! Those trees are at the property line for my sister's yard!! OMG!! She and the kids were home too!!! It didn't go over their house, but it's pretty darn close! My parents yard is in between Cindy's and my sister.


4 comments:

patsy brown said...

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!

The most,
"Uncle" Patsy

Karla Doodlebug said...

Zoey and Angel were in the bathtub at my Mom's while it made it's way through their neighborhood! Angel said that while she was crying...Zoey was laughing at her!!!!

Anonymous said...

It was SCARY!

The Schlosser's said...

WOW - so scray. Glad to hear they are well. ~Angie