Thursday, December 27, 2007

Rae's Christmas Gift

Let's just say I won on the Christmas gift this year! I bought Rae the new iPod nano with video this year for Christmas, and with the birth of Avery being such a milestone for us in 2007, I wanted to do something special for her. Solution? I made Rae a slideshow to go on her iPod with some of our photos from way back in 1993 leading all the way to the present. We met 17 years ago this year, although we figured out we were two classrooms apart in 3rd and 4th grade in 1984. So..... if you want a little look into Wes and Rae of the past, click on this quick slideshow and have a peek. This barely even begins to tell our story, but it does touch on some of the best and worst times in our life. Some of the photos you will have absolutely no idea of the meaning behind them.

Like this one....where "we" were delivering a sailboat from Pensacola to Mobile on a cold, cloudy day, and she stayed below and made pics of me freezing! Mutiny......
Image Loading

Or this one where I took her on a maternity clothes shopping spree in New York City....
Image Loading

There are others like the halloween costume that I have no comment on. So have a laugh on us when I had hair and and Rae had really big hair hehe.....

13 comments:

Lee and Suze said...

Oh wow - that's a wonderful gift! You guys look so cute :)

Anonymous said...

Okay... so that made me cry AGAIN! By the way, those weren't Halloween costumes, we were just being silly girls. Rae really likes red lipstick :0)

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

I was actually referring to the biker costumes...However, I wish I could say the makeup was for a reason so that would make sense!

The Schlosser's said...

My goodness, I'm in tears. I LOVE gifts that are thoughtful and planned out. You two are so amazing...and Avery & Baxter too!

PS - Thanks for the comments. We are thrilled to be together again!

Jo said...

Oh WES! Good job on the present! I'm totally emailing this post to Justin to give him ideas! This was so sweet... and I loved the old pictures! What a great year you guys have had... I can't wait to see what 2008 holds for your family!

patsy brown said...

Ok, when I STOP blubbering like a fool, I will make a comment. Right now, I can't even type!!

WESLEY WINS BIGGGGGGGGGGGG TIME, for ALL the HUSBANDS in the world!!!
More,
"Uncle" Patsy

Kerry Lynn said...

Damn you! Tears are running down my face! I think it was when The picture of the positive pregnancy test came up that I lost it. Not only did it remind me of mine but that was also the beginning of our friendship :-)
Great gift Wes!
Chris got me an iPod shuffle with a personalized message on the back from the babies.
Looks like we got the pick of the crop, Rae.

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh I see now... Yeah that was pretty funny too! Now that you have pointed that out, we were pretty pathetic.

Welcome To My World! said...

(Second attempt to leave y'all a message - I forgot my password)

Wesley,
The slideshow was very touching. You are a very special guy and those two wonderful women in your life will continue to make you even more special throughout the years. Lots of love to your terrific family.

Lee and Suze said...

Oh, and Lee said "Way to ruin it for the rest of us guys, Wes" :)

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

I know.... you ladies could only be so lucky as Rae to be married to such a stud ;-) Wasn't I skinny!?!?

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

Is my man the MOST awesome or what??

I started tearing up after 2 or 3 pictures and then I saw my grandaddy and I LOST it. Then my sweet baby...ohhhhh.....I was a mess. That was the sweetest gift ever. The iPod was nice, but the slideshow was amazing. Isn't it funny how putting pictures in a slideshow to music makes you so emotional?!

I love you Wesley. You are my soulmate.

-rae

Wes and Rae Leytham said...

ps - You all should be impressed that I let him post this on a public site. I know you all enjoyed seeing the transformation of my hair. Let's just say gel is the one luxury item I would take onto Survivor.